Laser light technology has been a tried-and-true method of addressing various medical issues. It is also used today to help with a range of skincare concerns. At Skintology Med Spa, our providers may use laser light to rejuvenate the skin, remove unwanted tattoos, or perform permanent laser hair reduction and removal. Our practice, located in New York, NY, works routinely with both men and women to remove undesirable hair with this easy—and permanent—treatment option.
How does laser hair removal work?
With laser light, our team of providers can slowly reduce the amount of hair in the treatment option over the course of several months. The light penetrates into the hair follicles in the active growth phase and damages them, keeping them from producing new hair. While hair grows in a certain growth cycle, not all hair in the treatment area is treated with a single procedure. Patients seeking a reduction in hair thickness in an area will need fewer treatments than someone seeking full and permanent removal of unwanted hair.
Where can laser hair removal be performed?
Any part of the body can be treated with laser hair removal, though the more popular areas include:
- Bikini line
What are the benefits of undergoing laser hair removal?
Below are just a few of the reasons why patients choose laser hair reduction or removal with our team:
- FDA-cleared device is deemed safe and effective at reducing and removing hair
- Does not require any downtime or recovery
- Eliminates the need to wax, shave, or pluck hair from the face and body
- Provides less discomfort than other treatments such as waxing
- Can treat larger areas of the body quickly and in short treatment sessions
- Reduces the risk of scarring and pigmentation changes
- Effectively provides treatment for both men and women
- Performed by a trained and experienced provider
Schedule an appointment with our team today
Our office is available to help new and retuning patients in the area of New York, NY with skincare concerns, including the permanent removal of unwanted hair. If you want to book a visit with our team, call (212) 832-2225 to visit 157 East 57th Street, Floor 1 for an appointment.