Before receiving laser hair removal treatment, we recommend that you:
- Shave the day before your session
- Avoid being in the sun for two weeks before your treatment
- Do not wax or pluck for two weeks prior to treatment
- Do not use any products that may increase your skin sensitivity for one week prior to treatment
- Do not use self-tanning lotion
After your session, a pink or reddish color may linger for a day or so. This will fade, and your skin should regain its natural color shortly following your hair removal session. You will likely require several sessions with our hair removal experts to complete your treatment.
Following a laser hair removal treatment, you should:
- Avoid sun exposure for two weeks
- The day of your treatment, do not exercise
- The day of your treatment, do not take a hot shower or bath
- Do not exfoliate your skin or use products that may cause irritation for several days
For more information about laser hair removal and to set up your appointment, contact our office today!
Request a Free Consultation
Laser hair removal is a cosmetic treatment which permanently removes unwanted face and body hair. It works on the principle of selective thermolysis to target pigments and generate heat the removes the hair and prevents regrowth from occurring.
Yes. Laser hair removal permanently removes unwanted hair, and progressively less visible hair growth will be apparent after each session.
Hair grows in cycles, which means that you may need several sessions in order to complete your treatment and remove all unwanted hair from the treated area. Our doctors will work with you to determine how many sessions you will need to achieve the desired results.
Why Choose Skintology?
Skintology Medical Spa is a New York leader in the use of cosmetic laser technology. We employ a wide variety of laser systems to help clients achieve their unique appearance goals. Our expertise allows us to make key recommendations based on your unique skin type and desired results. Hair-removal packages range from small to extra-large areas, including full legs and back. If you would like to see what your options are, call our laser hair removal experts today and schedule your complimentary consultation!