Restylane® Dermal Filler
Restylane® is a nonsurgical dermal filler that works to smooth away wrinkles, plump up thin lips, and add volume to the hollows under your eyes. This cosmetic injectable is similar to JUVÉDERM®, and works to produce near-immediate improvements to your appearance that can last for up to six to nine months.
Call Skintology MedSpa by Dr. Jennifer Walden today at (212) 832-2225 to learn more about Restylane in New York, NY, and make your appointment!Restylane is make primarily out of hyaluronic acid, a natural hydrating substance that helps keep your skin smooth, natural, and youthful-looking. As you age, the skin of your face stretches and the hyaluronic acid in your body diminishes from a combination of sun exposure, genetics, lifestyle, and other factors. When you received Restylane treatment, you can:
- Add volume to your facial contours
- Plump up thin lips
- Improve the appearance of scars
- Soften wrinkles, creases, and lines on your face
There are several types of Restylane treatment that our doctors may recommend based on your individual needs. These include:
Give us a call today for more information about how Restylane can help you and set up your consultation with our Restylane experts.
Restylane is a biodegradable dermal filler gel made primarily of hyaluronic acid, and is most frequently used to smooth facial wrinkles and nasolabial folds (smile lines). This treatment is injectable, non-surgical, and non-invasive.
Most people are suitable candidates for Restylane treatment. If you are pregnant or have recently given birth, have skin issues, or have a history of allergy to bacteria treatment, we recommend that you discuss your situation with our aesthetic experts to determine if Restylane is an appropriate treatment for you.
Restylane begins working immediately to smooth away wrinkles and add volume to your face. Final results typically appear within two weeks of treatment.
Restylane treatments typically last six to nine months, depending on the type of Restylane injectable that you receive that the cosmetic goals you wished to achieve.
Restylane Kysse is a clear injectable gel composed of hyaluronic acid (HA). HA is a naturally occurring sugar, found in the human body. Restylane Kysse is crosslinked with BDDE, an ingredient that helps form a network of HA to provide a gel filler that lasts longer. HA fillers, including Restylane Kysse, contains HA that has been modified to last longer in the body than the naturally occurring HA. Restylane Kysse contains 0.3 % lidocaine to reduce pain during injection.
Restylane Kysse will temporarily add volume to the lips and help smooth the wrinkles above your mouth. Restylane Kysse was studied in many subjects like yourself to determine if it was effective and to ensure that it is safe for use. The study doctors reported:
- 77% (129/168) of subjects had at least a 1-point improvement in lip fullness 6 months after treatment
- 60% (101/169) of subjects had at least a 1-point improvement in lip fullness 12 months after treatment
The subjects reported:
- 88% (148/169) rated an improvement in the appearance 6 months after treatment
- 78% (132/169) rated an improvement in the appearance 12 months after treatment
Restylane Kysse is injected into the lips and the lines around the upper lip to temporarily add fullness to the lips and help smooth the wrinkles around the upper lip (perioral lines) in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane Kysse is injected with an ultrafine needle into your lips to add fullness. It can also be injected into the skin above your lips to help smooth the wrinkles around your upper lip (perioral lines).
Your doctor may do the following during your procedure:
- Your skin will be cleansed prior to treatment
- Use a cream or ointment called a topical anesthetic to numb the area where you will receive your injection.
- Your doctor will begin the procedure by giving you the first injection, then pausing to allow the anesthetic that is part of Restylane Kysse to continue to numb the area around your injection. The anesthetic part of Restylane Kysse has been shown to significantly reduce the pain and discomfort that may occur with a dermal filler gel injection.
- Your doctor will continue the injection of Restylane Kysse until the area being treated shows the desired results.
- After the injection is completed, your doctor may gently massage the area that was treated to ensure the dermal filler gel is distributed evenly and looks natural.
- A clean cloth dipped in cold water (cold compresses) wrung out, and applied to the injected area may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
- Avoid touching the treated area within six hours following treatment so you do not accidentally injure your skin while the area is numb. After that, the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
- Avoid taking aspirin, NSAID, St. John’s Wort, blood thinners, and high doses of Vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to excessive heat, sun, or UV lamps for the first 24 hours after treatment. Exposure to any of these may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection site. Until there is no redness or swelling, avoid exposure of the treated area to intense cold or heat such as sun lamps or sunbathing.
Laugh lines, crow’s feet, and other lines across the face start to appear as the skin ages and starts to lose its elasticity. In order to offset these natural changes in the skin, Skintology MedSpa by Dr. Jennifer Walden may recommend the Restylane Refyne® injectable procedure. This treatment helps the patient’s skin gain a younger-looking, smoother appearance, while keeping a full, dynamic range of expression and movement.Because this procedure can be used both on delicate areas of the face and on deep lines and wrinkles, Restylane Refyne is particularly effective on the lines that make up the nasolabial folds, or laugh lines. These wrinkles extend from the nose down to or past the edges of the mouth. Refyne injectable fillers gently “fill in” these lines, helping to erase their appearance.
Restylane Refyne Before & After
This treatment can focus on delicate areas and wrinkles surrounding the mouth and nose, correcting laugh and marionette lines. The gel is designed to support your face’s expression and movement, giving you a natural-looking smile!
The Restylane Refyne procedure uses an injectable treatment to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, from moderate to severe.Treatments are often repeated every 6 months to one year depending upon how much you need for correction and how your body metabolizes the product.
Typically, improvement is seen immediately, and patients can see full results within two weeks. Results can last anywhere from six to nine months.
At our office, we strive to provide patients with the best possible care, from skin treatments to the latest in cosmetic treatments. With dermal fillers, there are a variety of ways to treat cosmetic issues without relying on surgical or other invasive methods. Of the Restylane products, Defyne® minimizes the appearance of facial folds and wrinkles. Our cosmetic injectors often use Restylane Defyne to address lines surrounding the mouth and chin. Commonly called nasolabial and marionette lines, their appearance becomes pronounced as the skin ages and loses elasticity. Restylane Defyne fills in these lines using a cross-linked dermal hyaluronic acid gel. This unique structure helps support the natural flexibility and expressions of the face, for a more natural appearance and movement than previous generations of fillers. The gel includes hyaluronic acid — a substance already found in young, healthy skin — to support dermal tissue.
Restylane Defyne® Before and After
Defyne works on the horizontal and lateral lines surrounding the mouth and nose, filling and smoothing the tissue using a safe, non-invasive dermal gel.
The dermal gel will be injected into the site or sites using a small, thin needle. The gel will be combined with a local anesthetic that will numb the area.
The unique structure of Restylane Defyne allows the gel to smooth and minimize wrinkles, without limiting expression or flexibility of facial movement.
Restylane Silk is made of a natural hyaluronic acid-based formula with small particles to fit your needs of filling in fine lines and soft areas such as the lips. Restylane Silk HA particles also have a flexibility that mimics natural tissue, while also working to improve the natural production of collagen. When Restylane Silk is injected, the filler very elegantly restores the lost shape of the lips and decrease the appearance of vertical lines around the periphery of the mouth.In just one appointment, patients can see natural looking, fuller lips.
Restylane® Silk Dermal Filler Before and After
The Silk treatment uses a unique dermal filler that can be injected into the delicate tissue within and surrounding the lips, restoring volume and decreasing the appearance of fine lines.
This injectable treatment uses a dermal gel to fill in and correct the fine lines and volume loss on and surrounding the lips — all without relying on invasive or surgical procedures.
Most patients see results two weeks after injection, with results often lasting for over six months.
Interested in financing your medspa procedure? Apply for CareCredit today! Please visit Carecredit.com
Why Choose Skintology MedSpa
If you have multiple problem areas that you would like to treat to improve your facial appearance, most cosmetic practices may recommend or perform multiple treatments to get you the results you want. At Skintology MedSpa by Dr. Jennifer Walden, our services include dermal fillers, such as Restylane, that are desgined to treat several areas of the face in a single treatment. We work to give you the results you want without excessive or invasive treatments. Contact us today to set up your consultation with our experts!