Achieving health and optimal fitness may seem like a daunting challenge, however, by following these 5 simple habits you will be on your way to looking and feeling great by spring time!
- Always drink 8-12 glasses of water daily-drinking water promotes an active metabolism and will help you burn more calories and more fat each day!
- Sleep 8 hours each night-studies have indicated people who do not receive adequate sleep are 55% less likely to achieve a reduction in fat loss. Lack of sleep disrupts the body’s ability to regulate insulin and also causes fatigue which will inhibit your exercise regimen.
- Eat 5-6 small meals-By eating 5-6 small meals you will prevent overeating, speed up your metabolism and effectively regulate blood sugar levels throughout the day.
- Eat 30 grams of fiber each day-By eating fiber rich foods such as fruits and vegetables that move quickly through the digestive track reduces the risk for obesity, heart disease and diabetes.
- Incorporate 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 times each week-Cardiovascular exercise is critical for heart health and promotes stamina. Not to mention cardio will burn excess fat and even contribute to muscle gains.